Saturday, May 27, 2006

On the road to NewYork

Wheels moved faster.Speedometer readings turned to the right.My legs were firm on the accelerator.And my eyes fixed on the lonely road.The only light on the road was that of my car.

"At home what you do?"
"After coming from college what you did?"
We shared these things as we surpassed the calm mountains.
It was our last
trip in US before leaving to India.So we three decided to enjoy every moment.Slowly the voice became lower and lower till it was heard no more and a greater silence prevailed the valley.The friend who sat by my side could not control himself and had gone to sleep.

I took a quicker look at the rear mirror to see my friend with whom i took turns in driving also sleeping.I kept watching the mirror but i could see nothing except the darkness of the night.My only company at this moment were the snowy mountains,shining stars and lonely cars which came for every thirty miles.

I wondered "what a moment this was?"Thoughts of books I read and valleys I imagined came to my mind.And here I was in one of those valleys.
I felt the coldness of the night.Immersed was i in my thoughts.
But the silence was broken by a voice which said "Dai till me if your feeling sleepy, i will drive".I smiled and said no as i enjoyed this moment.

The watch showed three and the speedometer showed 100 and in two hours I knew the richest city will welcome me.

6 comments:

Vijay Gandhi said...

Cool da! you remember things which you did so many months before? :)

yep, its nice to "follow" the stars and the moon while traveling - its actually the thoughts which get more focussed while watching the *heavens*. they have that magic :)

Siva said...

true macchi.....moments we never forget:)n a thing of joy

MJ said...

what gr8 magic than this can one expect with the dark-black unending road a head n for the sky showing us all its beauty....its the real heaven...

Anonymous said...

d way u said it shows the real feel of silence and sense of lonelines.gr8 job.cheers...

Siva said...

mj:hi welcome.... yes the feelings at tht time very g8 thn the words i used to express them :)

Siva said...

maha:hi ....thanks for the comments..welcome :)